Monday, August 11, 2014

Product Reviews - 2 Ipsy, 1 from my personal collection

I've been slacking on my product reviews so to make it up to you I'm reviewing 3 products today.  Two are from my Ipsy bag and one is something I bought today.

First, here is the total package.




Lets start with Ipsy first.

The first item I really like.  It is the Sunkissed Bronzer in Secret Sunshine by POP beauty.  In the package it looks scary brown, but on my skin it is a very natural and flattering shade for me.  The color wears well and applies evenly.  It also doesn't fall apart in the compact.  I have had some blushes where it seems like the product just falls apart as soon as the brush hits it.  This one doesn't so there is no huge mess to deal with.  This one gets five stars, I would buy this one again in this same color.




The next product I don't care for.  This is the BareMinerals 5 in 1 cream eye shadow in Divine Wine.  It is supposed to be long wearing, self priming, brighten your eyes, smooth your eyelids, and protect with an SPF of 15.  The product is long wearing and seems to be self priming.  As far as brightening and smoothing, well it works as well as any other product I put on my eyelids so it wouldn't be a big selling point to me.

It is a nice color but nothing special that a hundred other eye shadow manufacturers haven't come up with.  BareMinerals says this product comes in 10 Seductively Neutral Shade.  I don't know about you but my husband has never once said to me, "Darling, you look so neutral!  I must have you now!"

 I didn't like this product.  It was far to wet coming out of the tube and stayed wet for much to long so it became a smeary mess in no time flat.  I would rather use a nice powder with a separate primer, there is much less mess to deal with.  This one gets one star, I will not buy this product.


The third product is an Ulta brand lip stain I bought today.  It is called Double Duty Lip Stain and Balm in Thriller.  I have been looking for a lip stain that actually stains for a long time now, and it looks like I will still be looking.  I LOVE the color.  However, when I did the food test I ended up with major wearing of the color.

Here is the before.

And after a lunch of chips, cheese, and coffee.


The angle is awkward but I had to get close enough to my webcam so you could see how the stain wore off while I ate.

I'm really bummed that it isn't a true stain because I really like the color, it is easy to apply, the stain portion feels like a felt pen, and the lip balm is nice and soft without making my lips feel sticky.  It also helps my lips from feeling to dry.  It just feels like a stain ought to, I don't know, maybe actually stain your lips?  Keep trying Ulta, you have the application method and the balm down, now you just have to get the stain portion working.  This one gets three stars from me, love the color, I just wish it were actually a stain.

So there you have it, 1 yes, 1 no, and 1 so-so.

See you next time!





No comments: