Sunday, February 22, 2009

Greetings!

Thank you for checking out my new blog.  This is a very exciting journey for me and I hope that you will come back often and let me know what you think.

Why am I writing this blog?  I work as an Aesthetician at Oasis Creations Salon and Spa in Watertown, WI.  I do facials, makeup, body wraps, and body waxing.  Whenever I am with a client I encourage them to ask any questions they may have at any time during their session.  I tell them that it is very important that they know as much as possible about their skin so that they can take proper care of it and I also reassure them that no question is too odd.  Despite that, my clients don't tend to ask a lot of questions.

I think I know why this is.  People don't like to admit that they don't think about their skin care.  When someone is on my table getting a facial they are very vulnerable and that makes it even more intimidating to ask a question they may feel is a basic one that they should already know the answer to.  So I was thinking about the problem and decided that the computer was my friend.  Here on a faceless blog people can ask any question they want and because they don't have to use their real name no one will know who they are when they ask their question.

So here is my blog for you to ask all your questions anonymously if you want.  You can leave the questions as comments or email them to me at hhertziger@gmail.com.    Please do not ask me questions about personal medical problems, don't send me pictures of oozing black lumps and ask what I think.  I am not a doctor, I do not play one on TV, and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.  Specific medical issues will all be answered with the same response "Get thee to a doctor!"  

So, who am I?  Why am I here and why do I feel capable of answering your questions?  

First things first, my name is Heather Hertziger, and I am obsessed with bringing beauty into the world one person at a time.  I believe that beautiful, healthy skin is the most attractive physical asset a person can have.  Healthy skin on the outside is also an indication of health on the inside, and I want to do my best to promote inner and outer health in any way I can.

I am an Aveda trained Aesthetician, licensed in the state of Wisconsin.  I don't pretend to know it all but I am an excellent researcher and no bs artist.  If I have to research something to answer a question I will give you my sources so you can read it for yourself.  If I don't know something and can't find an answer you will know that too.  

On a more personal note, I am also a self-representing artist.  I design jewelry, make beads out of glass, polymer clay, metal clay and use them and other materials in my jewelry.  I am also an oil painter and love to find new ways to combine my glass and my paints.  If you want to learn more about me and see some of my work go to the Heather's Personal Links section.  My nonspecific, whatever the heck I feel like babbling about blog is called Heather's Ramblings.  My jewelry website is Square One Beads, and the rest of the links are places where I sell my work as well.

So, now you know a bit about me, how can I help you?  This blog will only work if I have questions from you to answer.  I will try to answer questions at least once a week, if volume demands I can make it at least twice a week.  So go ahead, ask me any questions you may have.  And if you are a skin care producer and would like me to test out your product and give it an honest review (meaning if I say I don't like it you won't sue me) email me at hhertziger@gmail.com and we can work something out.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you all soon!
Heather

No comments: